quarta-feira, 18 de maio de 2011

My Book Boyfriend (9)


My poor blog is abandoned! What sadness, but the college is killing my time, so I don't have time to write anything, despise th fact that I read several books in the past months. ARGH! 
This meme is hosted by The Unread Reader, in which we show to our readers, characters that we're drooling for! This week, I'll talk about my love of the week:

Ethan Ainsley


  • Appearance: I only thing that I know about Ethan is that he has brown hair and blue eyes. And he's good-looking. Just that. Damn descriptions. 
  • Books that he's in: Something Borrowed, Something Blue and Baby Proof.
  • Ethan is very smart.
  • He's Darcy and Rachel's childhood friend.
  • He lives in London.
  • He married a girl called Brandi, but he discovered that she was cheating on him, so he left her.
  • He's the protagonist of Something Blue.
  • He was the only one who did know about Rachel and Dex affair.
  • Why he's my book boyfriend: I know that Dex is the hero of Something Borrowed, but... I don't like him, because he took too long to make the decision about Darcy and the wedding. But, I think that Ethan is so cute and such a great a friend, that I fell in love with him.
  • Who would be my perfect Ethan: James Marsden. I love John Krasinski, but he isn't the guy who I imagined to play Ethan, but I do loved him in the movie.
  • Scene that made me swoon: 
"I think Brandi soured Ethan on the whole fresh-air, live-off-the-land kind of life. Or maybe he just wanted something new. Because he moved to London, where he writes for a magazine and is working on a book about London architecture, an interest he didn't acquire until he landed on British soil. But that's how Ethan is. He figures things out along the way, always ready to back up and start over, never bowing to pressure or expectations. I wish I could be more like him. "So what did you do for your birthday?" Ethan asks.I shut my office door and blurt it out.

"Darcy had a surprise party for me, I got wasted, and hooked up with Dex.I suppose this is what happens when you're not accustomed to having secrets. You don't learn the art of holding back. In fact, I am surprised I have lasted this long. I hear static in the line as the news travels across the Atlantic. I panic, wishing I could suck the admission back in."Get the fuck outta here. You're kidding me, right?
"My silence tells him that I'm serious.
"Ohhh, shhhit." His voice is still smiling.
"What? What are you thinking? " I need to know if he's judging. I need to know what he thinks of me, if he is siding with Chanel Suit.
"Wait. Whaddaya mean, hooked up? You didn't sleep with him, did you?"
"Um. Yeah. Actually I did."I am relieved to hear him laugh, even though I tell him that it's not funny, that this is serious business.
"Oh, trust me. This is funny."I picture the dimple in his left cheek.

"And what exactly is so amusing?"
"Miss Goody Two-shoes screws her friend's fiancé. This is raw comedy at its best."
"Ethan!"" 

Ok, this isn't romantic, but I didn't read Something Blue that it's the book that he's the main protagonist yet, so I don't know any romantic scenes. Yet. BWAHAHAHAHAH

And you? Who is your Book Boyfriend of the week? :)