domingo, 9 de outubro de 2011

Review: Along Wooded Paths by Tricia Goyer



About the book:

All she wanted was a simple Amish life . . . But now Marianna Sommer finds herself depending on Englisch neighbors. Although proud of living apart from the world, she and her newly relocated Amish family have discovered that life in the remote mountains of Montana requires working together.



As Marianna begins helping those different from herself—and receiving their help—her heart contemplates two directions. She’s torn between the Amish man from Indiana whom she has long planned on marrying and the friendly Englischer who models a closer walk with God than she’s ever seen before.

Who should have young Marianna’s heart? What is God asking her to sacrifice? Her traditions? Her community? The answer is found along the wooded paths.

Find out about book 1, Beside Still Waters, here: http://www.triciagoyer.com/contemporaryfiction.html#BesideStillWaters

Buy the bookhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/1433668696/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=sprightly-20&camp=213381&creative=390973&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=1433668696&adid=1GWJQSEY88PNG6ERWGQP

I always liked amish stories, even if I don't know too much about their beliefs. So, when I could I signed for a chance to be in this tour. So, I've to say, that I really enjoyed the story (even through I never a books fast like I've read this one. I'm dead.)

This story presents Marianna, a girl who left the home that she always knew in Indiana e now lives in Montana with Englishchers and starts to know people with differents beliefs and ways of life. She even starts to fall in love for one of those people, Ben, who has a closer relationship with God than anyone whom she has met, but when things seems to be great, her fiancee Aaron, arrives to take to Indiana.

Besides all the love that we see in the book, I loved who the characters are well made, that they seem to be alive. I found myself torn between Ben and Aaron, like Marianna, and besides the love triangle, we see the growth of Marianna's faith. The book ends and left us with some questions, but I believe that they're going to be answered in the third book of this great series.


My rating was: 



I really enjoyed this book!   


P.S: See the rest of the stops here! http://litfusegroup.com/blogtours/text/13430807